188.8.131.52 The (Plot Details) Link Tab
This tab is used to control the links connecting the nodes, such as the color of the link lines, curvature of the link lines, whether show arrow and how to show them, how to show the one-ended links and whether to show the flows at a smaller percentile.
For Chord diagram, you are allowed to control the border color and fill color separately. Specify the border color for the links.
For Chord diagram, specify the border thickness.
Specify the colors for the link lines.
- Follow Color of Source Node or Follow Color of Dominant Node (Ratio Layout)
- The color of link lines will follow the source nodes which are the start nodes of the lines. For Ratio Layout, lines will follow color of the dominant node (i.e. the node which shows a net gain).
- Follow Color of Target Node or Follow Color of Inferior Node (Ratio Layout)
- The color of link lines will follow the target nodes which are the end nodes of the lines. For Ratio Layout, lines will follow color of the inferior node (i.e. the node which shows a net loss).
- Gradient Color, from Source to Target
- The color of link lines will change from the color of the source nodes to the color of the target nodes gradually. Not available for Chord diagram.
- Specified Color(s)
- Specify the color of link lines using the color chooser.
Specify the transparency of the link lines.
Transparency for Fill Only
Specify the transparency of the fill color of link lines. Only available for Chord diagram.
Specify the curvature of the link lines. Note that 0 means no curvature, 100 is maximum curvature.
Check this check box to use step-horz connect when there is enough gap between nodes. When there is not enough gap, keep the original connection. For the normal layout(not exchanged X/Y), enough gap for vertical direction means 2*rotate radius, enough gap for horizontal means link width+2*rotate radius.
Enter a value in the edit box to decide the percent of first section, default value is 50.
Note: You can always adjust the position of vertical part.
Link to Node Center
In a Sankey diagram, when the input links and output links of one node are not numerically equivalent, checking this option will make the input links link to the node center. By default, this option has been checked.
For a Sankey Map, the link width doesn't base on the node width since the nodes are shown as bubbles but rectangles. You can use this option to control the width of links. The unit is pt and the default value is 5pt.
For a Sankey Map, as the nodes has been shown as bubbles, you are not allowed to add arrows to them, but you are allowed to add arrows to the links with this Arrow (Pro) group which is only availiable for OriginPro. This group has same options as the Arrow control in Node Tab.
Link Classify by
This control is only available for Alluvial diagram, which can be used to specify how to classify or combine the link lines between the nodes:
- All Plots
- The link sets will be subdivided according to the categories from all plots. In this way, you can always trace the different flow between the nodes, from the start to the end.
- Previous and Next Plots
- When connect the links, only consider the categories of the previous plot and next plot. The link sets won't be divided into more by considering categories in other plots. Please note, you select this method, it will be not easy to check the whole flows.
- Next Plot only(Combine Sets)
- When connect the links, only consider the categories of the next plot and try to combine the links at same set. Please note, if you select this method, it will be not easy to check the whole flows.
- All Categories including Color(If Exists)
- The link sets will be subdivided according to the categories from all plots and color categories specified by the Specified Colors option in the Color radio control.
Show One-Ended link lines for the nodes without previous links or next links. There are two kinds of one-ended links: Input one-ended and Output end-ended. This control group is only available for Sankey diagram
Specify a horizontal length for the one-ended links. 100% is initial gap between neighbor depth.
Specify a vertical height for the one-ended links. 100% is initial gap between neighbor depth.
Specify a color for the one-ended links, Auto means follow the color of the node.
Fade out the color of the one-ended links
Show One-Ended Link for Unbalanced Node
Show the one-ended links for the unbalance nodes which have different amount of input and output.
Show Arrow for End
For Chord diagram, specify whether show the arrows for link ends.
Specify the length for the arrows showing at the end of the links.
Specify whether show the self-links for the nodes in a Chord diagram. Self-Links means the link starts from and end at same node.
This drop-down list allows you to set the self-links be shown/hidden/removed.
For a Chord diagram, you can use this control group to hide the flows smaller than a specified percentile, or show these flows in a specified pattern, including Border Color, Transparency and Fill Color.
Special Controls for Special Link
Bend Link After Node(%)
When the source or target node is flipped or rotated 180 degrees, a special point link shows a Bend Link after Node(%) control. The default is value = 50. This will bend the link after 50% of the distance between nodes of the neighbor level. Pressing CTRL + click adds a special point link, and dragging the vertical section changes this value.
Please note, for a Sankay Map, Bend Link After Node(%) doesn't base on distance between two neighbor levels anymore, because the node distance between levels are not fixed in sankey map. Then, Origin will use % of layer to bend the links.
Activate a special link of a Sankey Map, a special control Joint Point will appear to let you customize the link flow between the start node and end node.
For Start and End of this link, you can set the direction to Auto, Top, Bottom, Left or Right. Auto means following the settings of all links.