This App lets you perform a global fit to multiple datasets with multiple peaks. The number of peaks in each dataset should be the same. Peak parameters such as center, width and area can be shared across the datasets.
Download the file Global Peak Fit.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- Select the datasets from a worksheet, or select the graph with the data plotted. Then click the Global Peak Fit icon to open the dialog.
- Select the Fit Control tab and choose a Function Type.
- Specify/add/remove peaks:
- Set or update the Number of Peaks in the Fit Parameters tab.
The peaks will automatically be detected, and peak parameters will be auto initialized.
- Double-click on the graph to add a peak, or right-click a vertical line in the left panel to add and remove one peak respectively.
Previous settings will not be changed in these cases. New peaks are automaitcally initialized according to the peak center.
- Initialize the fitting parameters in the table.
- When the cursor hovers over an editable cell in the parameter table, you can use the mousewheel to increase or decrease the corresponding value.
Hold Ctrl and/or Alt and/or Shift key(s) to change a value more precisely.
You can also adjust settings for Shift and Stretch in the Input Data tab using the mousewheel.
- You can also drag a peak label in the preview panel to change the peak location.
When dragging the peak label, the parameters for the peak will initialize automatically.
- To switch among different datasets, you can either change the value of Parameters of Input Data drop-box or click the corresponding curve in the preview area.
- To quickly apply one setting to all peaks and/or other datasets, use the right-click context menu of the corresponding element, e.g. parameter's values and bounds.
- Click Fit to perform fitting.
- Click OK to generate the fitting report before closing the dialog.
Sample OPJ File
The App ships with a sample OPJU file. In the Apps Gallery, right-click on the Global Peak Fit icon and select Show Samples Folder. From the window that opens, drag and drop GlobalFitSampleEx.opju into Origin to open the project. The project includes a Note of instructions. Note: If saving the OPJU after changing it, it is best to save it to a different location than the one it was opened from (e.g. save to your User Files Folder).