Download the Import_PDF_Tables.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto Origin workspace.
An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
This app dependes on
- Embedded Python in Origin
- Media Feature Pack from Microsoft
If this is not available on your OS, you can install it manually. On Windows 10, you can install it as following:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature
- Find the Media Feature Pack in the list of available Optional Features.
- Restart the computer.
This app will try to install it if it's not available. Make sure Ghostscript is added to the PATH environment variable. Restarting Origin is required after installing it or adding it to the PATH.
If there are errors about pandas not found. Please install/re-install it and restart Origin.
- Click on the app icon to select an PDF file and open the "Extract PDF Tables" dialog.
- Enter the page(s) from which you want to extract tabular data.
- Click on the "OK" button.
Note: There is actually NO "table" in PDF files. Please always check if the tabular data is recognized and extracted correctly.