6.5.2 Connecting to Cloud or Opening Files from Cloud
Data Connector can build the connection between Origin worksheet and the data file on your Cloud, Google Drive or OneDrive.
When you select Data : Connect to Cloud or click the Open From Cloud button , a little dialog Cloud Storage will appear to let you choose which cloud you want to connect to:
Choose one of them will pop up a message to lead to get your permission on your Cloud account.
Click OK button will open the default browser to log in your cloud account and grant the permission. For the details about the process of granting permission, you can follow this video.
Once you have granted the permission, close the browser window and click the Refresh button to list all downloadable files in the OneDrive/Google Drive dialog.
Operations on the dialog "OneDrive/Google Drive"
- Switch the cloud server:
- Once you used this drop-down list to choose another drive, you need go through the steps about granting permission again.
- Browse the files and folders on your Cloud
- You are allowed to explore the files/folders listed in the table.
- Switch to Another Account on same Cloud
- Click the Account button to open the browser to switch to another account on current Cloud server.
- Open/Connect to the File you selected
- Once you selected one file, click Open button to open or connect to this file.
- Note: If you started from the menu Data: Connect to Cloud(a Data Connector), the file you opened will have connection to the original file; If you started from the toolbar button Open From Cloud, click Open button will only open the file without the connection to the original file.
Supported File Types to be Connected or Opened
Connecting to the Files on Cloud
Currently, Connect to Cloud tool supports connecting to the files in the types below, just as the relevant connectors support.
Opening Files from Cloud
The Open From Cloud button imports data from your Google Drive or your OneDrive account into an Origin workbook without adding a Data Connector to the workbook.
Open From Cloud Supports these formats: