These system requirements apply to the most recent release of Origin and OriginPro.
- Operating System: 64-bit (x64) Microsoft Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Windows® 11
- Processor: 1.6 GHz 64-bit (x64)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 2.0 GB of free hard disk space for program installation + Help files (does not include data storage).
- Other hardware: USB port or DVD drive (if installing from USB stick or DVD)
- Browser: The Learning Center dialog requires Internet Explorer 11, or Microsoft Edge on Windows 11.
Large Datasets, Additional Recommendations:
For users who work with large datasets (e.g. import text files of 10MB in size, or greater), OriginLab makes the following additional recommendations.
- Multi-core processor: The more logical processors, the better
- RAM: At least 16 GB, the more memory the better
- Drive: Solid State Drive (SSD), the faster the better
- Network: If data are on a network, 1000 Mb (Gigabit) is better
See also, documentation of the system variable @IAS which controls the least file size (in MB) to enable multi-threading for import.
Mac users can run Origin by using Microsoft Windows® via Boot Camp or within OS X using third-party virtual machine software.
View requirements and instructions.