This app can be used to insert LaTeX objects in worksheet cells, graph axes titles, legends and text labels.
NEW App Features in version 2.0 or later (requires Origin 2017 or later):
Installing and using the LaTeX App version 2.0 or later in Origin 2017 or higher versions allows for the following features:
- Insert a LaTeX object into worksheet column label row cells, axis titles, and legends.
- Arbitrary text labels on either graphs or worksheets.
- Easily generate the LaTeX markup for built-in fitting functions via a button in the App dialog
Installing the LaTex App allows you to also add LaTeX objects to worksheet column label rows, graph axis titles, and graph legends. Also, you can add the LaTeX markup for all built-in fitting functions via a simple click of a button in the App dialog.
If your version is Origin 2023 or higher versions, MikTex and OAutotrace will be installed automatically when you install the app.
If your version is lower than Origin 2023, you must have the following installed on your computer before you can use this App:
You can download MiKTeX from: http://miktex.org/download.
Note: During MikTex installation, choose All Users (default) instead of This User Only.
You can download OAutotrace from our OAutotrace page.
After installing the aforementioned components:
- Restart Origin if already running.
- Download the file LaTex.opx from this page, and then drag-and-drop the file onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- When you launch the app for the first time, the Get MikTex Path dialog will open for you to select the path of the LaTex.exe file. If MikTex was installed in the default path, the path is: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\x64 .
- With a graph window active, click the "LaTex" icon from Apps Gallery window and the LaTex Equation Editor dialog will open.
- Input LaTex script in Equation edit box. Click the Preview button to preview the result .
- Click OK button to insert the equation into the active graph window.
- To modify the equation, you can double click on the inserted equation to re-open the editor.
This blog post highlights new features for the App in Origin 2017 including adding LaTeX objects to worksheet column label rows, graph axis titles, and graph legends:
The following blog post provides more information about installing and using the App:
To learn more about the important improvements in version 2.3, read this blog post:
If you begin to have issues generating output with markup that is known to work, or if you want to delete temporary files and free up disk space, see this blog post:
Note for Old Versions:
- App version 1.71 or later requires Origin 2017 SR0
- App version 1.4 requires Origin 2016 SR2
- If you have installed the earlier version v1.2 of this App, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall the App (right-click on the icon and select Uninstall)
- Close Origin
- Navigate to the user folder, such as:
- Delete the temp files
- Restart Origin and then install the new version of the App